A Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a must-have document when it comes to paying taxes in India. It serves as identification and is also used for a variety of financial activities in both the corporate and personal worlds.
Every PAN number is assigned and the PAN card issued is valid for a lifetime. Those who inadvertently lose it are not required to apply for a new PAN. However, you can apply to the income tax department for a duplicate PAN card.
What is a Duplicate PAN CARD
When a PAN holder loses, misplaces, or damages his rd, the income tax agency provides him a duplicate PAN card. People often expose crucial papers to various risks and then wonder how to recover them. The Income Tax Department has made obtaining a duplicate PAN card quite straightforward. Let’s see how it goes.
How to get a Duplicate PAN CARD
Obtaining a duplicate PAN card is a simple process. The application can be made online at TIN-NSDL or in paper form at the NSDL’s PAN services section. Duplicate card applications are submitted online to save both time and money. Let’s have a look at how to accomplish it online:
- Go to TIN-NSDL and choose the application type “Modifications or corrections to existing PAN data/Reprint of PAN card (No changes to current PAN data)”. (If you lose, forget, or steal your PAN card, you must reprint it without changing any of the information.)
- Fill in the mandatory information and then submit it.
- A token number will be produced and emailed to the email address you entered on the previous page. Make a note of that token number for future reference, and then proceed with the application filing.
- Fill out the relevant information on the “Personal Details” tab and choose the mode of submission for your PAN application form. The three options are as follows:
- I. Physically provide application paperwork: The acknowledgment form generated after payment must be printed, together with the copies of documents requested, and mailed to the NSDL’s PAN services section.
- II. Submit digitally using e-KYC & e-sign (Paperless): Aadhaar is required for this option, and all data provided in your Aadhaar should be utilized alone in a duplicate PAN card application. To validate the information provided, an OTP will be sent to the Aadhaar-registered phone. It is not essential to include a photo, signature, or other documents. A digital signature (DSC) will be required to e-sign the form when selecting this option to submit the completed form.
- III. Send scanned pictures by e-sign: This option also requires Aadhaar, but you will need to provide scan photos of your portrait, signature, and other papers. To validate the application form, only an OTP will be needed.
- Then you must select whether you need a physical PAN card or an electronic PAN card. You must enter a valid email address if you pick an e-PAN card. The digitally signed e-PAN card will be emailed to the provided email address.
Duplicate PAN CARD Application Form PDF Download