The process of reading information that individuals mark on surveys, tests, and other paper documents are known as optical mark recognition (also known as optical mark reading and OMR). To read questionnaires and multiple choice exam papers with shaded portions, OMR is utilized.
Know About Parameters of OMR Sheet
- For the sheet reading software to process the findings effectively, ensure that the index points on all four corners of the page are black in color and free of dust collection.
- Instruct the candidates to use black/blue ballpoint pens to fill out the paperwork. Markers, fountain pens, and gel pens will tamper with the sheet, resulting in repeated rejections during sheet reading.
- Candidates should utilize a detectable marker.
- Candidates must correctly fill out their Roll No. and other data so that the OMR scanner can identify the correct applicant.
- The use of OMR sheets speeds up the process of reviewing exam papers.
- A small inaccuracy in filling out the data in the OMR might cost the candidate a lot of money.
Design Structure or Optical Mark Recognition Sheet
Optical mark recognition sheets are a sort of printed sheet that is unique. It features a technological format, which allows OMR sheet reading software to recognize the marked answer bubbles and provide an accurate result. OMR Sheets are created with precise measurements in mind.
Components of OMR Sheets
Every OMR sheet contains a timeline in the form of index points, which are black markings on all four corners of the page. These index points are used by OMR software to appropriately locate the bubbles. As a result, any changes in index points might provide incorrect results.
- Timelines should be printed in black only; OMR exams should be printed on plain white sheets only.
- It should be no bigger than the size of a bubble.
Do Not write in Restricted Areas
On OMR sheets, applicants are directed not to write anything in certain places. No harsh work should be done on the marked areas.
Other Important Components
Other essential components of optical mark recognition sheets The candidate must enter the right Test ID, Roll NO, and answer book series. All fields are required for applicants to fill out; else, the candidate’s exam may be canceled.
- Candidates must enter the right Test ID, Roll NO, and answer book series. All areas are required for candidates to complete; failure to do so may result in rejection.
- It is critical to fill out the right test paper code on the sheet. The OMR scanner reads the code on the test paper and assesses the answer sheet accordingly.
- Other areas, such as Centre No. and Book Series must also be filled out correctly.
Unique ID Field
Candidates must enter the right Roll No. on the sheet so that the OMR scanner can accurately identify the individual. In certain competitive exams, the roll number is printed on the OMR sheet, therefore applicants must check to see if they have gotten their roll number printer OMR sheet.
Test Paper Code
It is critical to fill out the right test paper code on the sheet. The OMR scanner reads the code on the test paper and assesses the answer sheet accordingly.
How to Fill OMR Sheet – PDF Download