Sublime Text is a code editor software program. It enables you to write the software code efficiently. You can do all the things in coding that you wish to do. It’s been a decade while Sublime Text was developed. It has become a powerhouse in the industry. Although in comparison to their competitors they haven’t gone for open source. Still, they are developing and introducing powerful patches. A coding editor is especially known for its speed and secrecy. It is developed in C++ and Python. It is an integrated system that allows testing the code without transferring it to some other platform.
On this platform, you can easily prepare the code for HTML language. HTML is Hyper Text Markup Language. It’s a computer language that is used to develop web pages. It is easy in comparison to C++, JAVA, etc. while there are several other programming languages for making webpages but still, HTML is a sign language.
Download Sublime Text
- Open any search engine. Type in the search box “Sublime Text Editor”
- The website of sublime text will open. You will find a download tab.
- For the windows operating system, you need to click on windows.
- After the file download, you need to double-click it to install it.
- In the program option of windows as you will type the sublime text you can see the icon. You need to double-click it to open the program.
Using Sublime Text
- As you open this program you will find a dark screen.
- You will find several options at the top like File, Edit, Selection, Find, View, Tools, Project, Preference, and help.
- As you will go to the File menu and click on the new file, an untitled tab will open.
- You can save this file like any file in word or some other programs by clicking on save as.
- You can save the files in HTML, CSS, etc.
- Apart from the options at the top, this program has several other options too.
- By drag and drop option you can see all the files in the folder in the sidebar. You can also open multiple files at the same time.
- This is one of the finest editors for writing a program. If you want to write a code in HTML, write HTML and press the tab key. You will find the basic codes of HTML will appear in the file automatically. Now you can edit the codes. With this text editor speed of coding can be increased.
As we know the sublime text is a commercial code editor. It supports many programming languages and markup languages. So, for your betterment to understand the software we have found some shortcut keys in this article that will help you to improvises your workflow more efficiently. For your future reference, you can also download PDF or excel files from the download icon below.
SUBLIME TEXT SHORTCUT KEYS LIST
|Ctrl + F2||Toggle bookmark|
|⇧ + F2||Previous bookmark|
|Ctrl + ⇧ + F2||Clear bookmarks|
|Alt + ⇧ + 1||Revert view to single column|
|Alt + ⇧ + 2||Split view into two columns|
|Alt + ⇧ + 3||Split view into three columns|
|Alt + ⇧ + 4||Split view into four columns|
|Alt + ⇧ + 5||Set view to grid (4 groups)|
|Alt + ⇧ + 8||Split view into two rows|
|Ctrl + [NUM]||Jump to group where num is 1-4|
|Ctrl + ⇧ + [NUM]||Move file to specified group where num is 1-4|
|Ctrl + ⇧ + t||Open last closed tab|
|Ctrl + PgUp||Cycle up through tabs|
|Ctrl + PgDn||Cycle down through tabs|
|Ctrl + ⇆||Find in files|
|Ctrl + W||Close current tab|
|Alt + [NUM]||Switch to tab number [NUM] where [NUM] <= number of tabs|
|Ctrl + F||Find|
|Ctrl + H||Replace|
|Ctrl + ⇧ + F||Find in files|
|Ctrl + ⇧ + P||Command prompt|
|Ctrl + KB||Toggle side bar|
|Ctrl + ⇧ + Alt + P||Show scope in status bar|
6.Navigation/Go to Anywhere:
|Ctrl + P||Quick-open files by name|
|Ctrl + R||Goto symbol|
|Ctrl + ;||Goto word in current file|
|Ctrl + G||Goto line in current file|
|Ctrl + X||Cut line|
|Ctrl + ↩||Insert line after|
|Ctrl + ⇧ + ↩||Insert line before|
|Ctrl + ⇧ + ↑||Move line/selection up|
|Ctrl + ⇧ + ↓||Move line/selection down|
|Ctrl + L||Select line – Repeat to select next lines|
|Ctrl + D||Select word – Repeat select others occurrences|
|Ctrl + M||Jump to closing parentheses Repeat to jump to opening parentheses|
|Ctrl + ⇧ + M||Select all contents of the current parentheses|
|Ctrl + ⇧ + K||Delete Line|
|Ctrl + KK||Delete from cursor to end of line|
|Ctrl + K + ⌫||Delete from cursor to start of line|
|Ctrl + ]||Indent current line(s)|
|Ctrl + [||Un-indent current line(s)|
|Ctrl + ⇧ + D||Duplicate line(s)|
|Ctrl + J||Join line below to the end of the current line|
|Ctrl + /||Comment/un-comment current line|
|Ctrl + ⇧ + /||Block comment current selection|
|Ctrl + Y||Redo, or repeat last keyboard shortcut command|
|Ctrl + ⇧ + V||Paste and indent correctly|
|Ctrl + Space||Select next auto-complete suggestion|
|Ctrl + U||soft undo; jumps to your last change before undoing change when repeated|
|Alt + ⇧ + W||Wrap Selection in html tag|
|Alt + .||Close current html tag|
|Ctrl + Alt + Up||Column selection up|
|Ctrl + Alt + Down||Column selection down|
Thank you for reading, If you liked this article, then definitely share it with your friends on social media, so that they too can get this information.
Download Excel File
Download PDF File
- Top 50 QuickBooks Shortcut Keys Download in PDF and Excel File
- Top 20 Spotify Shortcut Key List Download in PDF & Excel
- Top 100 Visual Studio Code Shortcut Keys Download in PDF & Excel