The full name of VirtualBox is Oracle VM Virtual Box. This is open-source software. Anyone on the internet can download and install it and use it. A virtualbox is also known as a virtual machine. With the help of this software, you can make this virtual space on your PC. You can create the space for another operating system on your PC. Virtual space allows you to do certain tasks that are not possible in one operating system.
Virtualbox divides the resources of computers between the operating systems. As for an operating system you require certain hardware. Virtualbox distributes these requirements among the operating systems. For instance, you have a computer system with a hard disk of 500 GB and 8 GB RAM. You are using the windows operating system but you also require Linex in the same system. You need to install Virtualbox. This software will distribute the drives and RAM as per the requirements of the operating system.
How to Download Virtualbox
Downloading Virtualbox to the existing PC is very easy and you would require following some simple steps-
- Search “Virtualbox download” on the search engine website.
- You will get the link to Oracle Virtualbox . You need to click on the link.
- You will land on the home page. You need to select the operating system and click on the download option.
- The .exe file will start downloading to the system.
Installing the Virtualbox
Installing the Virtualbox is also easy.
- Go to the download folder, double click on the file. Click on run, agree on the policy. By clicking on the next, the software will start to install in the system.
Installing other Operating Systems
- As you will open Virtualbox software you will see an option on new, click on it
- Now select the operating system that you want to install. The next step is to select the file of the operating system.
- Select the RAM that you will allow the system to be used.
- Select the space on the hard disk you want to allot to the new operating system. You will require allotting at least 20 GB of space for another operating system.
Enable Computer Visualisation from Bios Setting
- If you have not yet enabled the visualization option Virtualbox will not work on your PC. To enable visualization on the PC there are some steps to follow-
- Restart your PC, and press the ESC key to see the bios setting. Now Punch the F10 key to enter into the bios.
- Select the setting option in bios. You will be able to see the visualization option if it is disabled, enable it and click on save.
- In the end, exit from the Bios setting.
Oracle VM Virtual box is cross-platform virtualization software. It allows extending our computers to run multiple operating systems including Microsoft Windows, MAC OS X, Linux, and Oracle Solaris, at the same time. To improve your efficiency we have provided some shortcut keys of virtual Box which you can download from the download icon in PDF or Excel file for your future reference.
VirtualBox Shortcut Keys List
1.Virtual Machine Shortcut:- (Host key is Right CTRL by Default):
|Host key combination||Right Ctrl|
|ACPI shutdown||Host + H|
|Adjust window size||Host + A|
|Log viewer: Bookmark||Host + Ctrl + ↑ Shift + D|
|Close…||Host + Q|
|Log viewer: Filter||Host + Ctrl + ↑ Shift + T|
|Log viewer: Find||Host + Ctrl + ↑ Shift + F|
|Full screen mode||Host + F|
|Insert Ctrl – Alt – Del||Host + Del|
|Insert host key combo||Host + Insert|
|Minimize window||Host + M|
|Log viewer: Options||Host + Ctrl + ↑ Shift + P|
|Pause||Host + P|
|Popup menu||Host + Home|
|Log viewer: Refresh||Host + Ctrl + ↑ Shift + R|
|Reset||Host + R|
|Log viewer: Save||host + Ctrl + ↑ Shift + S|
|Scaled mode||Host + C|
|Seamless mode||Host + L|
|Session information||Host + N|
|Settings||Host + S|
|Take screenshot||Host + E|
|Take snapshot||Host + T|
2.VirtualBox General keys shortcuts:-
|Cloud Profile Manager: Add Profile||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + A|
|Media Manager: Add||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + A|
|Add machine||Ctrl + A|
|Log Viewer: Bookmark||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + D|
|Snapshot Pane: Clone||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + C|
|Clone||Ctrl + O|
|Cloud Profile Manager||Ctrl + P|
|Media Manager: Copy||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + C|
|Network Manager: Create||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + C|
|Snapshot Pane: Delete||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + D|
|Exit||Ctrl + Q|
|Export Appliance||Ctrl + E|
|Log Viewer: Filter||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + T|
|Log Viewer: Find||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + F|
|Host Network Manager||Ctrl + H|
|Import Appliance||Ctrl + I|
|Cloud Profile Manager: Import Profiles||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + I|
|Media Manager: Move||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + M|
|New machine||Ctrl + N|
|Log Viewer: Options||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + P|
|Preferences||Ctrl + G|
|Cloud Profile Manager: Profile Properties||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + P|
|Media Manager: Properties||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + P|
|Network Manager: Properties||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + P|
|Snapshot Pane: Properties||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + P|
|Log Viewer: Refresh||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + R|
|Media Manager: Refresh||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + F|
|Network Manager: Refresh||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + F|
|Media Manager: Release||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + L|
|Cloud Profile Manager: Remove Profile||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + R|
|Media Manager: Remove||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + R|
|Network Manager: Remove||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + R|
|Snapshot Pane: Restore||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + R|
|Log Viewer: Save||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + S|
|Settings||Ctrl + S|
|Cloud Profile Manager: Show Help||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + H|
|Show Log||Ctrl + L|
|Snapshot Pane: Take||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + T|
|Cloud Profile Manager: Try Oracle Cloud for Free||Ctrl + ↑ Shift + T|
|Virtual Media Manager||Ctrl + D|
Thank you for reading, If you liked this article, then definitely share it with your friends on social media, so that they too can get this information.
Download Excel File
Download PDF File
- Top 25 Blogger Shortcut Keys List Download in PDF and Excel File
- Top 50 3D Movie Maker shortcut keys Download in PDF and Excel File
- Top 100 Blender Shortcut Keys Download in PDF & Excel File